Biokinetics is defined as life through movement. We are health care professionals registered with the Health professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). A Biokineticist is a clinical exercise specialist that uses the application of exercise to treat rehabilitative injuries all the way to general health and fitness. Our primary role as a Biokineticist is to improve your quality of life through exercise and movement.
What we treat/offer:
• Orthopaedic Injury Management (Sport injuries, overuse injuries, chronic conditions etc...)
• Chronic Disease management (Heart disease, hypertension, arthritis, diabetes etc...)
• Pre-Hab (pre-surgical rehabilitation)
• Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
• General Health and Fitness
• Low Muscle Tone
• Sport Specific Training
• Discovery Vitality and Momentum Multiply Fitness Assessments
• Sport Massage
We at Van Vuuren Biokinetics consist of a team of four highly qualified Biokineticist’s who can assist you with your return to normal activities of daily living. (Yolande Van Vuuren, Tarryn Sinden, Natasha Eekhout & Michael Irvine)
Michael will be the resident Biokineticist at St Benedicts College based in the Ravens Sport Centre. Michael completed his Bsc Sport Science Undergraduate at Stellenbosch University (2013) and his BHSc honors degree in Biokinetics (2014) at Stellenbosch University.
Michael has a passion for Water Polo and many other sports such as Rugby, Soccer, Tennis, Rowing and Golf.
Van Vuuren Biokinetics
Tel: St Benedicts: 076 341 9496
Planet Fitness (Bedford Centre): 071 527 3990